We live in a 3-dimensional world. Our brains have learned since birth to take those confusing and complex signals of light, shadow and color from our eyes and create 3-dimensional objects. This is all we will ever know or understand, but put aside what you assume is reality and imagine a being that was 2-dimensional — A being that is not flat (even the thinnest sheet of paper is 3-dimensional), but only has height and width. Without the 3rd dimension of depth that being could stand right in front of you and because you’re either looking at it at any other angle other than straight on or looking down on it, you wouldn’t be able to see them and you would be invisible to them. In fact, in their 2D world nothing of our 3D world would exist to them. They could never interact with our extra dimensional world, but we could with theirs.
Now take our 3-dimensional world and introduce a being that has a 4th dimension that we can’t even understand or comprehend. We then become that 2D being in a 3D world. The 4th dimensional beings could be standing and living right next to us, but we would never know they were ever there. Because they understand Height, Width & Depth they would be able to interact with us if they wanted to (sounds, movement, light, color, temperature, etc), but because we don’t know of the 4th dimension we could never interact with them.
So the big question is, and this goes back to an idea I had 10 years ago, what if some or all of the paranormal activity were experiencing is the wanted interactions of these living beings, which exist side-by-side with us, but in a 4th, 5th 6th or greater dimension?
Possible? Yes, it is.
Reality? We may never know.
To find the answer we have to keep pushing our ideas and make sure we never get stuck on currently accepted theories.
Could the sights and sounds we’re experiencing at haunted locations actually be coming from another point on the timeline? Is it possible to haunt ourselves?
Einstein’s “Space-Time” led to the idea that time is a series of moments or Slices — as if a photo was taken of everything in the universe every millisecond, and then bound together like pages in a book.
This would mean that every event in time is currently in the space around us at this very second. But what if time wasn’t moving at all.
What if we were the ones moving forward, while time was just happening around us—the seconds piling up like snowflakes on the frozen ground.
Divide the floor of the room into a grid of one-foot by one-foot squares.
In each of these squares imagine there stands a floor-to-ceiling tower of lime green gelatin.
Isolate one tower at the foot of the bed.
Remove all other towers in the room and focus on this one square area of time.
If I were to walk through that area of time the gelatin would jiggle.
Eventually, after such a simple action, the tower of gelatin would return to a still state.
But what if something traumatic were to happen within this square of time—like a murder or epic battle?
The time tower could then be scarred or distorted by this intense energy event. The tower’s stability would be compromised.
The tower would then be forever unbalanced within this square, wobbling while those around it remained still and undisturbed. And just maybe, every once in awhile, the tower tilts in just a way that we get to see and/or hear the energy waves of that traumatic event (as they would through a vortex).
If, in the future, Time Slips prove to be true they could explain:
• Full-body Apparitions — clear window into a past event and person(s)
• Shadow Figures — limited view of a past event and person(s)
• Static Figures — limited and distorted view of a pst event and person(s)
• Mists — trace view of past event and person(s)
• Blurs — trace view of past event and person(s)
• Unexplainable Noises — audible noises from the past coming though the void
• EVPs — inaudible noises and voices coming through
• Disembodied Voices — audible voices from the past coming through the void
“Magnetic Personalities” is a popular label we attach to people who seem to have a certain power, which draws people towards them.
Does this trait have anything to do with how some energies (the spirit type) are able to remain and haunt the living? If someone is a stronger personality in life could they become a more attractive energy (not physically) in death?
THE ENERGY CLUSTERS THEORY
Energy is attracted to one another, so isn’t it possible our energy could bond with others and create “Energy Clusters,” which could be made up of two, ten, fifty, or even hundreds or thousands of energies?
And could these clusters continue to collect energies – stronger and weaker – over time?
In these Energy Clusters I would guess there are Dominant Energies and Subordinate Energies.
• The presence of multiple spirits at a location.
• Power transfer to another dominant energy.
• One dominant entity supported by many subordinate energies.
• In a state of flux or looping cycle.
• In a specific area, performing the same action over and over again (a residual haunt)
• More deaths at a location = more energies and a more powerful energy cluster.
You can read more about this theory and others in my book, Ghosts From the Ground Up.
I’ve been investigating the unknown for a long time. At this point I can even state that I’ve been researching the paranormal before some of you were even born (That is scary!). I mainly venture out on my own, but when I do go out with groups I spend a lot of time watching how they investigate, and there is one technique I’ve noticed during every single investigation. As I have written in my book (Ghosts From the Ground Up) and stated at every panel I speak at, too many people and too much time is spent asking the Who, What, Where, When and Why:
WHO are you?
WHAT is your name?
WHERE did you live?
WHEN did you die?
WHY are you here?
Nearly no one is asking HOW?
That is the one question I am focused on whenever I do research, and it's the question I'm hoping others like you will start asking more after this.
The question: HOW do "ghosts" do what they do?
I have quotes around the word ghosts because when we ask any questions about the unexplained we cannot assign a defined term... YET.
The way I put it is that we are just cavemen waving sticks at 747’s when it comes to the paranormal.
We still have so much to learn before we — the living — can say for certain what ghosts are.
And it may not happen in our lifetime. Think about the Viking’s belief about lightening and what we know now.
So will investigators in the future look at what we’re doing now and laugh? ... It’s very possible.
When asking questions we must be open to the fact that we are dealing with something bigger than us — something that we, with what we currently know and understand, can’t even comprehend. There are forces in nature and the universe we are just discovering, which makes it safe to say there are even more forces and phenomenon that we may never know of in our lifetimes.
Micheal Faredy said: “Nothing is too wonderful to be true if it be consistent with the laws of nature.”
But before the “don’t blame me the ghost did it” conclusion we have to gain a greater understanding of nature, the vast universe and all that they are capable of. Let’s take a look at some claims when in comes to paranormal activity and interaction along with some possible explanations to HOW ghosts are doing what their doing.
Energy could stimulate nerve endings and pain receptors in the skin creating the sensations of touch, pressure, pain, hot and cold.
Energy stimulates muscle tissue causing it to contract, which throws the body off balance. This in combination with the feeling of touch just might create the sensation of being pushed.
SCRATCHES, RASHES AND OTHER MARKS ON SKIN
Energy in the form of heat, focused on a single spot on the body would leave a mark and cause pain. But questions remain. Could “intelligent” energy become this new form to create a mark? Or, can our energy manipulate other energies around it, like heat, to scar flesh?
Is it possible energy is creating a localized gravitational anomaly, causing objects to be pulled towards it, not away from it?
Could energy create an area of concentrated high pressure in the air?
Could a change in air pressure, a pressure much higher than that in the room, pull objects into it?
A sudden change in air pressure could also create a wind burst, which would push an object away from the energy. It could be suggested energy creates a magnetic field, which draws the object towards or away from it (depending on the pole), but this could only attract and repel objects containing magnetic metals (iron, nickel, cobalt, gadolinium, neodymium and samarium).
NATURAL ENERGY SOURCES
Energy made the universe and everything in it. These same energies that created all we know exist today and will continue long after we are gone. We have no control over them, but they have complete control over us. These are nature’s energies and if anything feeds and gives power to our disembodied energy it would most likely be one of the following.
• Jet Streams
• Ball Lightening
• Solar Flares
• Magma / Lava
HUMAN INTRODUCED ENERGY SOURCES
As we have evolved over the past 100 years (a blink of an eye in the timeline of existence) our technology has advanced at a high rate of speed. The human race has saturated the air we breathe, space we travel, land we walk, and underground we mine with energy waves — energy, which could feed our disembodied energy.
QUESTION: Has paranormal activity increased over the past century in correlation with the following additions to the energy field?
• TV / Satellite
• Ground Water
• City Heat
• The Human Body
I continue this thought in the nest posting:
THE ENERGY CLUSTER THEORY
HOW DOES OUR ENERGY SURVIVE WITHOUT THE BODY?
“Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It’s the transition that’s troublesome.” ~ Isaac Asimov
1. Where does our conscious energy exists within the human body when we’re alive?
2. What keeps it charged?
3. How can that same energy exist in free space when cut off from the body?
In this post I’ll be addressing new theories and possible natural explanations to these and other questions.
But the first question we need to ask is… What is life?
That is a big question, which opens the door for countless other questions.
1. If life is defined as being our conscious mind, what is consciousness?
2. What is the voice in our heads?
3. Where does the conscious and unconscious mind reside within the brain?
If ghosts are residual energy…
Where does that energy reside now? Where is it as we live and breathe?
It’s in our brains, sparking and firing. It’s our emotional self, experiencing a world constructed and painted by our senses (consciousness). It’s energy in a constant fight for survival in a fragile shell.
What keeps that energy sparking during life?
The human body is, as the old saying goes, a temple. It is shelter, transportation and power plant for the energy we call life.
But if our consciousness is the energy that becomes our spirit (ghost), how does our energy survive outside of the body — separated from its power source?
When our energy’s power generator shuts down, we die. If our energy escapes at the moment of death where does it feed from and gather enough power to remain or do what we believe they (ghosts) can do in the physical world?
If our energy lives within our brains during life and continues to survive outside the body after death, what is the common thread?
What is it that allows for our energy to thrive in both life and death?
These questions make me think about my Mom because there is a possible connection to what we are experiencing with the paranormal and what she recently went through.
On September 9th, 2015 she passed away from Alzheimer’s. But during late stage Alzheimer’s who she really was (her energy) was trapped in her mind. I was worried at the time because I observed physical characteristics shown by my Mom and others with late stage Alzheimer’s that made me think any communication I may have with her now that she’s gone will be no more rewarding than what I had when she was alive.
These are my observations and the symptoms. As you read them you should begin to see the connections I made.
THE EARLY STAGES:
• Became confused about where she was.
• Lost all concept of time and the date (day of the week, month and year).
• She would repeat the same conversation three times during a single phone call almost as if she were following a script in her head.
• She became moody and withdrawn when placed in social situations.
• She spent a lot of time searching for things she had misplaced or that weren’t lost at all.
THE ADVANCED OR SEVERE STAGE:
• She stood quiet in one place for long periods of time. She observed the activity in the room quietly, then just walked off, most of the time without a word.
• Sometimes she would interject when something said or seen triggered a deep memory.
• But if anything was said, she’d only say a single word or a short, 3-5 word phrase.
• She only spook about events from the past, which were highly emotional because short term memory no longer existed in her mind.
• She stayed in areas that were familiar to her. If she wandered (which happened often) into areas she didn’t know she became lost and paniced. • She stuck to a routine, moved from her room, to the dining room, to the seating area, outside and then back to her room.
• She was confused by new people or things placed into her familiar areas or routine.
• She was confused by extensive questioning and would simply leave if it continued.
• She would become violent or belligerent when pushed too far with questioning or if in her space for too long
• Experienced a major change in her sleep pattern, sleeping during the day and becoming restless at night.
• She experienced a major personality and behavioral change, which included suspiciousness, delusion and as I stated before repetitive behavior.
• She lost the ability to smile or show any emotion on her face (a blank stare).
OTHER BEHAVIORS DISPLAYED DURING THE SEVERE STAGE: ON SCREEN
• Reflexes become abnormal.
• Need support while standing and they have a hard time holding their heads up.
• Can throw or knock over objects (become destructive) when agitated.
• Remember their name but have difficulty with their personal history.
• Distinguish familiar faces, but have difficulty with the name of the person.
• Loses ability to communicate with words.
So why did I just go through these lists?
Well, if you change the word “SHE” to “GHOSTS” you’ll see the connections.
• GHOST stands quiet in one place for long periods of time, observe the activity in the room quietly, then just walk off, most of the time without a word.
• Sometimes GHOST may interject when something said or seen triggers a deep memory.
• But if anything is said, GHOST only say a single word or a short, 3-5 word phrase.
• GHOST only speaks about events from the past, which were highly emotional.
• If GHOST wanders into areas GHOST doesn’t know GHOST becomes lost and panics.
• GHOST sticks to a routine, moving from the room, to the dining room, to the seating area, outside and then back to the room.
• GHOST is confused by new people or things places into her familiar areas or routine.
• GHOST is confused by extensive questioning and will simply leave if it continues.• GHOST can become violent or belligerent when pushed too far with questioning or if in her space for too long (even if it’s me).
• GHOST sleeps during the day and becoming restless at night.
• GHOST lost the ability to smile or show any emotion on her face (a blank stare).
• GHOST can throw or knock over objects (become destructive) when agitated.
• GHOST remembers their name but have difficulty with their personal history.
• GHOST distinguish familiar faces, but have difficulty with the name of the person.
• GHOST loses ability to communicate with words.
We witness these same behaviors in ghost sights.
This could be because our free floating energy doesn’t have the structure required to carry on a regular conversation or interaction.
BUT there have been reports from doctors and family members that in the moment just before the person with Alzheimer’s passes they are completely lucid and aware of where they are and of the people around them. According to science and medicine this is impossible because at that point the connections in the brain are completely gone so electrical impulses cannot travel to those areas needed to communicate and remember.
HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?
THE GREAT ESCAPE.
If we die of a natural cause and there’s no severe damage to the brain, the heart stops and the mind slowly shuts down. There is then a massive chemical dump, which super charges the firing neurons (our energy).
FACT: The brain is more active while it’s dying than it is while in a state of consciousness.
At the moment of death there is an explosion within our brains. A chemical dump of some of the most powerful drugs on the planet.
DMT or DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE (Die-meth-el Trip-toe-mean)
When DMT is released it disrupts the brain’s normal neurotransmitter function and blurs our perception and understanding of what we see, feel, hear and smell.
FIGHT or FLIGHT
There is the battery charge stored within the brain, attached to the nervous system — there for fight-or-flight situations. This, one of the few primal instincts we have retained, is triggered when confronted with a life or death situation.
THE FLY IN THE SPIDER’S WEB
Fight for your life and never give up.
A BOOST FROM THE DEATH?
• Fire and Explosion
• Electricity: Electric shock, lightning strike, electric chair execution, or a hair dryer in the tub
• High Velocity: Plane, train or automobile accident
• Earthquake or Land Slide
• Water: Tidal wave, hurricane, typhoon, drowning
Could the energy from the event power our energy at the exact moment of death?
Is it possible our energy bonds or is amplified by the energy from these forces?
Could this super-charged energy then be transferred to an object or the environment?
If our energy lives within our brains during life and continues to survive outside the body after death, what is the common thread?
What is it that allows for our energy to thrive in both life and death?
Could it be… OXYGEN?
Food for thought
When a person is being choked the flow of oxygenated blood is cut off to the brain and consciousness is lost. If the choking continues, the brain shuts off completely, causing death.
Therefore it’s safe to assume that oxygen keeps our living energy active. Oxygen is the fuel for conscious and unconscious activity in our brains.
So... Could the same element keep the energy active outside the body?
Facts about Oxygen
• When added up, the Earth’s crust is about 50% oxygen. Rock is composed of oxide compounds like iron oxide (Fe2O3) in rust, calcium carbonate in limestone, and silica (SiO2) in granite, quartz and sand.
• The air we breathe is on average 20.8% oxygen.
• Together, the Earth’s atmosphere and surface is 45%–50% oxygen, making it the most abundant element by mass on Earth.
• 1/3 of Water (H2O) is oxygen.
• Marine environments provide 70% of the oxygen produced on the planet through photosynthesis. The remaining 30% is produced by all other plants.
• Every known living organism is mainly made up of water, which again is 1/3 oxygen.
• Oxygen is found in almost all biomolecules, which are molecules from living things.
• Oxygen is so chemically reactive it can’t be as a free element. It bonds too easily to other elements to become something else.
• Oxygen molecules spin, and when they’re in the presence of a magnetic field they form a magnet. This is known as paramagnetism.
• Because of its electro-negativity, oxygen forms chemical bonds with almost all other elements at high temperatures.
• Oxygen reacts with all types of organic materials in a process called autoxidation. Oxidation occurs in the air and/or when exposed to ultraviolet light.
• Singlet oxygen (O) is the electrically excited state of the element and very unstable.
• Ozone (O3) absorbs ultraviolet radiation.
• Oxygen is the third most abundant element in the universe behind hydrogen and helium
What connections can be made between what is known about oxygen and current theories in the paranormal field?
The theory states that paranormal activity can be fueled by the energy of running water. It has been tested and proven that water, when run through micro-channels, creates a small electrical charge. The strength and force of flowing water has the power to cut through mountains and destroy anything in its path. This too is energy in the forms of motion, pressure and friction.
GRANITE, LIMESTONE and QUARTZ
This is the stone tape theory. Energy is stored within the material and released, creating a residual haunt. With oxygen being a major component of these rocks and minerals, and these being found in building materials, could the possible link between our energy and oxygen assist in this phenomenon?
The popular theory tested during investigations today is that ghosts can manipulate EM fields. If oxygen forms a magnet in the presence of a magnetic field, and if our spirit energy bonds with oxygen, could this be what creates the fluctuations and spikes measured during activity?
UV and full spectrum lights are a part of every paranormal investigation kit. Energy is not matter so oxidation isn’t possible, but is there a connection to be discovered in the future?
If oxygen is the key and plants create oxygen, do haunted locations that are in or near areas of concentrated plant life experience heavier activity at greater intensity?
Do houses with indoor plants have more activity then those without?
In the houses with indoor plants, do the rooms with plants experience more or stronger activity than the rooms without plants?
Could an area with a higher percentage of oxygen in the air harbor more intense paranormal activity?
Patrick H.T. Doyle
Being out in the middle of nowhere for an extended amount of time gives me time to think. My mind wanders, jumping from thoughts about current theories in the paranormal to new ideas in the hopes of discovering the truth about what we're encountering. These are some of those ideas.